Orlando Cedeno, DPMBoard-Certified Podiatric Surgeon
Dr. Cedeno received his bachelor's degree in chemistry from the University of Pittsburgh. In 2006 he graduated from Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine & Surgery in Miami, Florida. Subsequently, he completed a three-year surgical residency in reconstructive and trauma surgery of the foot and ankle at the Chestnut Hill Hospital/University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, focusing in all areas of Foot, Ankle, and Leg Surgery under the direction of renowned podiatric and orthopaedic surgeons. Dr. Cedeno is also extensively trained in the conservative and surgical treatment of diabetic conditions affecting the lower extremity including limb salvage.
In 2009 he completed an AO International Trauma and Reconstructive Foot and Leg Fellowship under the direction of Dr. Kaj Klaue MD in Lugano, Switzerland.
Dr. Cedeno was the first podiatric surgeon to perform a total ankle replacement in the state of Idaho where he practiced two years prior to joining Harrisonburg Foot & Ankle Clinic. Not every patient is a candidate for this type of treatment. During a short visit to our office all options will be explored. During his tenure in Idaho, Dr. Cedeno also worked in wound care with a renowned wound care team and functioned as a limb preservation specialist for complex wounds.
Dr. Cedeno has authored several publications in the area of foot, ankle, and leg surgery. He is very active in lecturing as well as in teaching the latest surgical procedures to other surgeons. He is a devoted patient advocate who strongly believes that the quality of education and training make a difference in treatment outcomes. A native of Philadelphia, Dr. Cedeno now lives in Harrisonburg, Virginia with his wife Dana and two wonderful children that are very active in sports.
- Undergraduate: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Medical: Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, North Miami Shores, FL
- Podiatric Surgery Residency: Chestnut Hill Hospital, University of Pennsylvania Health Systems, Philadelphia, PA
- Trauma and Reconstructive Foot & Leg Fellowship: AO Trauma International, Clinica Luganese Moncucco, Lugano, Switzerland
- Certified by American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Certified in Wound Healing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Virginia Podiatric Medical Association